Mittwoch, 25. Februar 2015

On my "Currently Reading Shelf"




At the moment I have six diffrent bokks on my "Currently Reading Shelf".
I am one of does readers, who sometimes reads one book at a time and sometimes just a lot of books. Right now there are six. I started all of them. In some books I only read like 20 pages at this time, in some I allready read 260.
Actually my main problem, and possibly the reason for this amount of books, that I started but not yet finished, is, that I had a, at least for me, huge reading slump.
For about three weeks straight, which is a lot of time for me, espcally as I don't have to go to university right now, but stay at home all day, I started one book after the other but just coudn't stick with it for more than 50 pages.
But after starting the sixht one today, I finally got out of it. I actually don't know how I got out of it, I just did and I am totally happy with it.

The six books on my "Currently Reading Shelf" are:

The final book in the Divergent Series. I have the German paperback edition of this book.
In German it is called "Die Bestimmung - Letzte Entscheidung", while in English it is known as "Allegiant".
I am pretty sure that most of you know what this book is about, so I won't inclued a description of it.


The beautiful classic "Pride and Prejudices" by Jane Austen. Again I have a German edition, with a beautiful cover I absolutly adore.
This story follow young Elizabeth Bennett on her way to find a suitable husband. But it is not as easy as it sounds. She not only has to deal with her own problems, but also with those of her four sisters who all have the same goal: finding a wealthy young man to marry, as they won't be able to inherite the families possession  after the death of their father.


The final book in the Mortal Instruments Series. Just recently the German Hardcover of this book came out. But as I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one. So when I was in London two weeks ago and found this beauty in a bookstore I just had to get it immediatly.
At the moment it is the only English book I am reading, but Clockwork Angel just waits to be read next.
I think mostly all of you will know the story around the shadowhunters so no description for this one.


The first book in the Chronicals of Narnia Series, which is called "The Magican's Nephwe". I actually read those when I just got out of primary school, but as this is quite a while ago now, I just wanted to re-read all of them. I again have a German hardcover edition of this book, with a beautiful dust jacket which should spell Narnia on their spine if you have all of them. Unfortunalty my mom, from whom I leant this one, only has the first four ones.
Again, as this is a well known book, I won't include a description of the plot.


 The first book in the "Endgame" trilogy. Again this is the German Hardcover Edition. I actually don't really know what this book is about. My younger brother got it as a birthday present a just flew trough it, so I decided to start reading it. I know something of twelve kids who are choosen to participate in a game to rescue to world. Or something like that. I just read like twenty pages so I think I will figure out soon what it is all about.










And lastly:

The first book in the Inkworl trilogy - Inkheart. This is a German hardcover edition and I absolutly adore the cover of the book. I already have read the whole trilogy a wile ago and now decided to re-read it.
I won't include a description of the plot, as I probably would start spoiling those of you who haven't read the book yet.
The basic thing is, that in this book, there are people who can read things out of book.
The for example would be able to read Jace, from the Mortal Instruments, out of the book and into the real world. This would be actually totally cool!






So, I hope you enjoyed this little trip to my "Currently Reading Shelf".

Lots of Love,

Maddie